Some pretty cool news that came out from Take-Two’s investor conference call this week shows that people are still loving Grand Theft Auto V, to the point where the game is still setting new records for the franchise well after it was released. Chief Executive Officer Strauss Zelnick commented that the game has surpassed 90 million units shipped, continuing the game’s conquest to see all-time records for the franchise as the best selling game to date, and slowly coming close to the 1.3 billion units that have been sold of all the other GTA franchises combines.
The boost from the game came over the holidays as new gamers purchased five million new units, adding to their already record number as the highest selling GTA title of all time. It was also mentioned, to no one’s surprise, that Rockstar will continue to support Grand Theft Auto Online and provide new content for the game. GTAV has been out since 2013 and currently stands as one of the longest running console and PC games still receiving updates well past its release date. At this rate, you can expect GTAV to continue to receive updates and support to content until Rockstar finally release Grand Theft Auto VI, whenever that may be.
- Grand Theft Auto V Adds New Cars and Discounts, Including The Pfister Comet SR
- Rockstar Games's Humble Bundle Means You Could Net GTA, Max Payne, and Others on the Cheap
- Grand Theft Auto Online Broke its Player Record in December
- Valve Boasts New 18.5 Concurrent Users Record on Steam
- Bleeding Cool Game Awards 2017: Best MMO
- Red Dead Redemption 2's Release Date Might Have Leaked
- The Fallout 76 Beta is Now Officially Online for Download - October 17, 2018
- The Stanley Parable Now Unlocks a Specific Anniversary Achievement - October 17, 2018
- Xbox and Taco Bell Have Partnered Again to Give Away Platinum Consoles - October 17, 2018
- Battlefield V Single Player Trailer Released - October 17, 2018
- Sean Bean is Announced as the First Hitman 2 Elusive Target - October 17, 2018