One of the best surprises in a drama series came from FX in 2013 with their 80’s-set spy show The Americans. Starring Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as a pair of married Russian spies posing as the all American couple in Washington DC, it was announced the highly acclaimed series would be ending after their 6th season.
Fans were disappointed to hear this, but in reality, the cast and creative team have been nothing but thankful in their comments about having the chance to wrap up the story. (It almost looked like it was going to be over with season 5.)
Some of the absolutely BEST scenes that I wasn’t expecting from the series have Russell and Rhys as a very believable couple- the tooth extraction scene from s3 episode “Open House” is one of the most uncomfortable and yet incredibly HOT things I think I’ve ever seen on tv.
It’s interesting also to note that Russell and Rhys became a real life couple during the show, and welcomed their first child together during production of season 5.
Aside from the personal side of the pair, their onscreen chemistry over the past several seasons of The Americans has been absolutely captivating, and I will be sad to have it end.
FX released this extremely short promo for season 6, which is set to premiere on FX on Wednesday March 28th:
- Keri Russell May Be Joining Guillermo del Toro's Thriller 'Antlers'
- Let's Talk About FX's 'The Americans' Season 6 Premiere
- FX Releases Trailer for 6th and Final Season of The Americans
- Graham McTavish Talks ‘Aquaman’ Role, Is Puzzled by “Secrecy Nowadays” - August 17, 2018
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018
- One Way Carlton Cuse Would Be “Okay” with a ‘LOST’ Reboot - August 16, 2018
- ‘Westworld’ Creative Team Talk Season 2 Reactions and “F***ing Killing Robots” - August 16, 2018