The late Stieg Larsson‘s Millennium series has had a strange journey to the big screen. There have been two adaptations of the first book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, with one in Swedish and the other in English. The latter, directed by David Fincher, was not the box office smash that it was supposed to be. It did well, but not well enough, and its sequels have been sitting in limbo for years.
This year we’re finally getting another movie in the series, but they are skipping two books to go straight to the fourth — and we have a new cast. Claire Foy is Lisbeth and Sverrir Gudnason is Mikael, taking over from Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig, respectively. The movie is currently filming, but Variety is reporting that Synnøve Macody Lund and Stephen Merchant have joined the cast of the production.
The roles that Merchant and Lund will be playing are unknown at this time. Since the movie is still in production, it’s likely we’re still a few months away from seeing any footage.
Summary: Young computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and journalist Mikael Blomkvist find themselves caught in a web of spies, cybercriminals and corrupt government officials.
The Girl in the Spider’s Web, directed by Fede Alvarez, stars Claire Foy, Sylvia Hoeks, Lakeith Stanfield, Sverrir Gudnason, and Cameron Britton. It will be released on November 9th.
- New TV Spot for The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - September 20, 2018
- Paramount Pictures Greenlights New Movies Based on Tom Clancy Characters Starring Michael B. Jordan - September 20, 2018
- Bob Iger Talks Integrating the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe - September 20, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: Release Date, Poster, and Teaser Released - September 20, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: First Poster Teases Darkness - September 19, 2018