Join us tonight for our Lets Talk About America’s Next Top Model, when cycle 24 episode 5 “Beauty Is Unconventional” airs at 5 p.m. (EST) on VH1. On tonight’s episode, beauty blogger Patrick Starrr (introduced adorably by judge Ashley Graham) tests the contestants on their ability to beautify on a budget using… unconventional methods.
Also, if you missed it last week, you can catch up on what happened here. Don’t forget that VH1 has this cycle’s episodes on their website, within a day or two of airing. And- watch the interview segment with judge Drew and the girl that went home in c24e4 here.
As a reminder, prizes for the winner of this cycle of America’s Next Top Model include a cover and spread with Paper magazine, modeling contract with Next Management, and the new twist this year- an ANTM mobile game where the winner will be an avatar along with Tyra, and $100k from Pantene.
We’re going to keep a running commentary of the highlights of the episode as it airs, so check back.
Things that happened:
- The episode started with a short recap vid of last week’s drama
- Khrystyana got best photo, and it’s shown in the house
- The girls are still talking about Liz leaving (by choice)
- Coura is concerned about her performance levels going down
- Judge and supermodel Ashley Graham visits the house
- She’s there to talk to the girls about “unconventional beauty”, and all the
different kinds of body types, skin types and colors
- Jeana talks about her baldness being unconventional
- Ashley introduces the girls to beauty blog sensation Patrick Starr
- Patrick looks FAB in a red frock and chic turban
- The challenge is for the best unconventional beauty tutorial, and the winner will
have her vid shown on Patrick’s channel.
- One group of three will be competing, the rest are groups of 2
- hard boiled eggs, shaving cream, tape, and of COURSE the condoms.
- the girls get 30 minutes to come up with a beauty hack
- one group does a chicken cutlet blender
- another group does mustard filled condoms as a blender
- The girls only get ONE TAKE
- Christina and Rio are using scotch tape to contour in their ‘hack’
- Christina….is sort of a mess
- Rio seems to be better on camera, she’s aware of her audience
- Jeana and Kyla present their chicken cutlets for blending
- Sandra and Shanice use a lotion filled lube-less condom
- Liberty and Erin use a hard boiled egg for blending
- Brendi, Coura and Khrystyana use a razor and shaving cream to exfoliate
- Ashley and Patrick shout out to Shanice for her naaaasty self
- Christina was told her energy brought Rio down
- The winner is Sandra! She’ll be featured on Patrick’s channel, and she gets an
advantage in the next challenge.
- The rest of the girls are not so thrilled with the choice, but mostly Rio and
- Rio talks a bit about how she had a brain tumor, and had to ‘reinvent herself so
- the wine starts to flow, and Rio starts to talk about everything that bothers
- Sandra does her best to defend herself from what she feels is an attack, and Rio
doesn’t help matters by constantly commenting back.
- The next day, Drew Elliot shows up at the house
- He calls the girls out to the pool, to give them their challenge
- “Making a beauty sandwich in groups of three”
- Sandra’s advantage she won in the challenge is: Ashley appearing in the photo,
and she gets to help direct the shoot for Sandra.
- Ashley tells Sandra that beauty shoots aren’t about “fierce” all the time, that
sometimes they need to be soft
- Rio, Coura, and Jeana are in the first beauty sandwich together
- Coura struggles, being in the middle of the stack can’t be easy for her
- Khrystyana, Liberty, and Brendi are grouped together
- Erin, Shanice, and Christina are next, Erin is in the middle.
- “There’s a lot of smooshin’ of the faces” says Erin
- Christina struggled with finding the right body position
- Sandra, Kyla and Ashley are grouped together
- Rio throws a bit of a fit during their shoot, albiet quietly
- Tyra Mail #1 in the episode warns the girls that a “cut is coming, which one of
you is going home.”
- Law Roach, Drew, Ashley and Tyra are back for panel, and she reminds the
contestants of the prizes
- Rio was told she did the best out of her group
- “As we can see, the bottom is a magical position,” Law says of the second group
- Shanice gets told she did the best out of her group
- Shanice straight up calls Christina lazy
- Ashley says that Christina wasn’t being a team player
- Law says that Brendi and Khrystyana did the best out of their group
- Sandra and Kyla did really well, Ashley said it helped that they got “girl time”
along with their “model time”
- First name called this week is Rio
- It comes down to Coura and Christina
- Coura going is home (I 100% disagree)
- Christina’s attitude is horrible, and she should NOT be kept because of it.
Thanks for joining folks, we’ll see how the next two weeks go with the Olympics coverage, there may be a break in our ANTM chats, but they’ll come back, I promise.
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 14, The Finale!
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 13
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 12
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 11
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 10
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 9
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 8
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 7
- Let's Talk About America's Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 6
- Wanna Hear John Williams’ Disney Star Wars Parks Music?!? - November 17, 2018
- ABC Renews ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ For a 7th Season - November 16, 2018
- The Criterion Channel: New Service Picking Up Where FilmStruck Left Off - November 16, 2018
- Adi Shankar Working on ‘Devil May Cry’ Series for Netflix - November 16, 2018
- Fire & Blood: An Excerpt From George R. R. Martin’s Targaryen History Tome - November 16, 2018