Is anyone else surprised that Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle turned out to be a big hit? The movie kind of sneaked up on everyone at the end of last year and is just making a killing in the international markets and domestically. It isn’t surprising, then, that a sequel has been announced. We didn’t have any additional information about said sequel until now — Deadline is reporting that writers Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner are in talks to return to write a sequel that brings back the entire main cast.
Matt Tolmach is back producing along with the Seven Bucks Production team of Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. The film’s start date hasn’t yet been determined, as Rosenberg and Pinkner come up with the sequel. The sequel has grossed $857 million globally on around a $100 million budget.
The next project the writing duo can be seen working on is Tom Hardy‘s Venom later this year.
Summary: Four teenagers discover an old video game console and are literally drawn into the game’s jungle setting becoming the adult avatars they choose.
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Dwayne Johnson, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Missi Pyle. It’s out now.
- Sony Announces Christmas 2019 Release Date For Jumanji 3
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle's Gag Reel is Almost Better Than the Movie
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix and Marvel Cancel Luke Cage - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018