Is anyone else surprised that Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle turned out to be a big hit? The movie kind of sneaked up on everyone at the end of last year and is just making a killing in the international markets and domestically. It isn’t surprising, then, that a sequel has been announced. We didn’t have any additional information about said sequel until now — Deadline is reporting that writers Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner are in talks to return to write a sequel that brings back the entire main cast.
Matt Tolmach is back producing along with the Seven Bucks Production team of Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. The film’s start date hasn’t yet been determined, as Rosenberg and Pinkner come up with the sequel. The sequel has grossed $857 million globally on around a $100 million budget.
The next project the writing duo can be seen working on is Tom Hardy‘s Venom later this year.
Summary: Four teenagers discover an old video game console and are literally drawn into the game’s jungle setting becoming the adult avatars they choose.
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Dwayne Johnson, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Missi Pyle. It’s out now.
- Sony Announces Christmas 2019 Release Date For Jumanji 3
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle's Gag Reel is Almost Better Than the Movie
- At Scarediego New Line Cinema Announces a 3rd Movie in the Annabelle Series - July 19, 2018
- First Look at Iron Fist Season 2 Confirmed for Tomorrow at SDCC - July 18, 2018
- 190+ Shots of San Diego Comic-Con’s Show Floor from Preview Night - July 18, 2018
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – Teaser Video, Logo, and a New Banner - July 18, 2018
- The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Movie Gets a 2019 Release Date - July 18, 2018