Is anyone else surprised that Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle turned out to be a big hit? The movie kind of sneaked up on everyone at the end of last year and is just making a killing in the international markets and domestically. It isn’t surprising, then, that a sequel has been announced. We didn’t have any additional information about said sequel until now — Deadline is reporting that writers Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner are in talks to return to write a sequel that brings back the entire main cast.
Matt Tolmach is back producing along with the Seven Bucks Production team of Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. The film’s start date hasn’t yet been determined, as Rosenberg and Pinkner come up with the sequel. The sequel has grossed $857 million globally on around a $100 million budget.
The next project the writing duo can be seen working on is Tom Hardy‘s Venom later this year.
Summary: Four teenagers discover an old video game console and are literally drawn into the game’s jungle setting becoming the adult avatars they choose.
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Dwayne Johnson, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Missi Pyle. It’s out now.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018