The galaxy of Star Wars continues to expand. Announced on StarWars.com, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss of Game of Thrones fame have been announced to write and produce, but not direct, a new series of Star Wars films. These are not going to be the episodic films post Episode IX, nor are they are going to be the Rian Johnson series of movies that have already been announced. This is something new.
“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”
Game of Thrones is in the midst of filming its final season, and fans have been wondering what the duo that created one of the biggest television shows of all time were going to do next.
“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”
At the moment we don’t have any details as far as story, release dates, or even what directors they could be looking into.
- [Watch] Star Wars: The Last Jedi 'The Force of Sound' Doc
- Kotobukiya Spider-Man: Homecoming Spidey Statue Coming in August
- Bob Iger Confirms "A Few" Star Wars TV Shows For Disney Streaming Service
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018