With three episodes down and a new one tonight, we’ve seen Black Lightning taking on the 100 gang. And we now know the reason it’s called the 100 is that it’s 100 crime bosses joined together under a single leader, Tobias Whale (Marvin “Krondon” Jones III). How did this happen? Whale killed Black Lightning. Or at least that is what it seemed as Whale fought him last before Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) decided to hang it up for 9 years. Whale said he killed him and everyone bought it. And Whale truly believed he killed him. But now he’s back.
In a clip from tonight’s episode, Whale meets with Lady Eve (Jill Scott) who we met last week. Turns out she’s a mortician and is prepping a body while explaining to Whale that the other crime bosses aren’t happy to learn that Black Lightning is alive. His reputation was built on him having killed Black Lightning and she says it’s like finding out he lied on his resume. An interesting comparison as she stand there sucking out organs from a corpse. Lady Eve is the third boss we’ve met counting Whale and Lala (William Catlett). But since Whale killed Lala, do they replace him or change their name to the 99 gang? Does Whale count as one of the 100? And why are mortician crime bosses always extra creepy?
Black Lightning airs tonight at 9 PM on the CW.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018