Following up on December’s story that legendary artist Bill Sienkiewicz would provide variant covers for The Walking Dead #175 and #176, Image Comics revealed today that Sinkiewicz will also provide covers for subsequent issues #177, #178, and #179. In the upcoming covers. Sienkiewicz draws The Governor, Andrea, and Carl, adding to the previous covers which featured Rick and Michonne respectively. Sienkiewicz will continue to cover The Walking Dead throughout 2018, according to the press release, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the zombie empire.
A press release provides more details:
This new story arc will introduce all-new friends, new enemies, new threats, and a whole new order.
THE WALKING DEAD #177 Cover A (Diamond Code JAN180843) and Cover B by Sienkiewicz (Diamond Code DEC178075) will be available in stores on Wednesday, March 7th. The final order cutoff will be on Monday, February 12th.
THE WALKING DEAD #178 Cover A (Diamond Code FEB180713) and Cover B by Sienkiewicz (Diamond Code DEC178343) will be available in stores on Wednesday, April 4th. The final order cutoff will be on Monday, March 12th.
THE WALKING DEAD #179 will hit stores on Wednesday, May 2nd.
Check out the new covers below:
- Of Course Reed Richards is to Blame… Next Week’s Marvel Knights 20th #4 - December 15, 2018
- Somebody Needs a Snickers in Next Week’s Iceman #4 - December 15, 2018
- Kate Bishop Refuses to Die in Canada in Next Week’s Old Man Hawkeye Finale - December 15, 2018
- Archangel’s Loyalty Tested in Next Week’s Uncanny X-Men #6 - December 15, 2018
- Is Rocking a Mullet a Reason to Kill a Man? Next Week’s Domino #9 - December 15, 2018