Following up on December’s story that legendary artist Bill Sienkiewicz would provide variant covers for The Walking Dead #175 and #176, Image Comics revealed today that Sinkiewicz will also provide covers for subsequent issues #177, #178, and #179. In the upcoming covers. Sienkiewicz draws The Governor, Andrea, and Carl, adding to the previous covers which featured Rick and Michonne respectively. Sienkiewicz will continue to cover The Walking Dead throughout 2018, according to the press release, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the zombie empire.
A press release provides more details:
This new story arc will introduce all-new friends, new enemies, new threats, and a whole new order.
THE WALKING DEAD #177 Cover A (Diamond Code JAN180843) and Cover B by Sienkiewicz (Diamond Code DEC178075) will be available in stores on Wednesday, March 7th. The final order cutoff will be on Monday, February 12th.
THE WALKING DEAD #178 Cover A (Diamond Code FEB180713) and Cover B by Sienkiewicz (Diamond Code DEC178343) will be available in stores on Wednesday, April 4th. The final order cutoff will be on Monday, March 12th.
THE WALKING DEAD #179 will hit stores on Wednesday, May 2nd.
Check out the new covers below:
- Sophie Campbell to Write and Draw the Leonardo Macro Issue for IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - July 19, 2018
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder in Hell, a 5-Issue Mini-Series by Mateus Santolouco, Hits Comic Stores in Early 2019 - July 19, 2018
- #CloneWarsSaved: Popular Star Wars Animated Series The Clone Wars Returns - July 19, 2018
- Comcast Drops Out of Fox Bidding War as Humanity Marches Towards Bold Future of Few Corporations Owning Everything Forever - July 19, 2018
- DC Announces New DC Ink and DC Zoom Comics by Louise Simonson, Marieke Nijkamp, Sarah Kuhn, and More! - July 19, 2018