Following up on December’s story that legendary artist Bill Sienkiewicz would provide variant covers for The Walking Dead #175 and #176, Image Comics revealed today that Sinkiewicz will also provide covers for subsequent issues #177, #178, and #179. In the upcoming covers. Sienkiewicz draws The Governor, Andrea, and Carl, adding to the previous covers which featured Rick and Michonne respectively. Sienkiewicz will continue to cover The Walking Dead throughout 2018, according to the press release, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the zombie empire.
A press release provides more details:
This new story arc will introduce all-new friends, new enemies, new threats, and a whole new order.
THE WALKING DEAD #177 Cover A (Diamond Code JAN180843) and Cover B by Sienkiewicz (Diamond Code DEC178075) will be available in stores on Wednesday, March 7th. The final order cutoff will be on Monday, February 12th.
THE WALKING DEAD #178 Cover A (Diamond Code FEB180713) and Cover B by Sienkiewicz (Diamond Code DEC178343) will be available in stores on Wednesday, April 4th. The final order cutoff will be on Monday, March 12th.
THE WALKING DEAD #179 will hit stores on Wednesday, May 2nd.
Check out the new covers below:
- There’s a Major Continuity Error in Archie’s Latest Comic - September 21, 2018
- With Great Power Comes… A Makeout Session With Mary Jane?! Amazing Spider-Man #6 Preview - September 21, 2018
- Chelsea Cain Learns About the Censorship of the Batpenis and She Isn’t Happy About It - September 21, 2018
- Daredevil #609-#612 Will Be The Death of Daredevil - September 21, 2018
- Civics Lessons from The Maestro in Old Man Logan #48 Preview - September 21, 2018