Even though PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds came out with a new update to their Anti-Cheating system this month, the company is still seeing a rise in cheaters entering the system. And that whole issue doesn’t look like it’s going to go away anytime soon, as the Twitter account for BattlEye reported over the weekend, PUBG banned over one million cheaters in the month of January alone. If you believe their current numbers, that’s nearly a quarter of their player base across PC and Xbox One.
We have banned over 1,044,000 PUBG cheaters in January alone, unfortunately things continue to escalate.
— BattlEye (@TheBattlEye) February 4, 2018
While cheating in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is nothing new at this point, it is kind of an astonishing fact that one should study at this point at the number of cheaters there are currently in the system. Think about it for a second: over a million banned, making up a good portion of the people playing your game. What is really driving everyone to get all these programs and hacks for a game where you don’t win any money or recognition beyond seeing the words “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner” pop up across the screen? In other games where there are loot crates and other expensive gear on the line, there’s some sense to it. But in PUBG, there isn’t much to be had from a victory, and the reward doesn’t really justify the risk. Someone should do a study…
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Gets an Xbox Patch for Vehicles
- Xbox Will Release a PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Version of the One S
- DayZ Will Release On PlayStation 4, It's Just Not Clear When
- New Anti-Cheating Rules Added to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Desert Map Is Seeing More Loot, Buildings and Roads Added
- Latest Xbox PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Patch Nerfs Cars Significantly
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Partner With Extra Life For $300K Marathon
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018