Even though PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds came out with a new update to their Anti-Cheating system this month, the company is still seeing a rise in cheaters entering the system. And that whole issue doesn’t look like it’s going to go away anytime soon, as the Twitter account for BattlEye reported over the weekend, PUBG banned over one million cheaters in the month of January alone. If you believe their current numbers, that’s nearly a quarter of their player base across PC and Xbox One.
We have banned over 1,044,000 PUBG cheaters in January alone, unfortunately things continue to escalate.
— BattlEye (@TheBattlEye) February 4, 2018
While cheating in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is nothing new at this point, it is kind of an astonishing fact that one should study at this point at the number of cheaters there are currently in the system. Think about it for a second: over a million banned, making up a good portion of the people playing your game. What is really driving everyone to get all these programs and hacks for a game where you don’t win any money or recognition beyond seeing the words “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner” pop up across the screen? In other games where there are loot crates and other expensive gear on the line, there’s some sense to it. But in PUBG, there isn’t much to be had from a victory, and the reward doesn’t really justify the risk. Someone should do a study…
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Gets an Xbox Patch for Vehicles
- Xbox Will Release a PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Version of the One S
- DayZ Will Release On PlayStation 4, It's Just Not Clear When
- New Anti-Cheating Rules Added to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Desert Map Is Seeing More Loot, Buildings and Roads Added
- Latest Xbox PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Patch Nerfs Cars Significantly
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Partner With Extra Life For $300K Marathon
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018
- Epic Games Stops Leaker After Threatening Legal Action - December 16, 2018
- Microsoft Tracked Down Internal Leakers With Serial Number Embedding - December 16, 2018
- Review: Razer’s Blackwidow Elite Gaming Keyboard - December 15, 2018
- Cygames Announces Granblue Fantasy Versus for PS4 in 2019 - December 15, 2018