Welcome to Bleeding Cool’s final weekly reminder recap for Syfy‘s Happy! (for this season, anyway) as we take a look back at the season finale, ‘I Am the Future’:
Happy! s01e08 “I Am the Future”: With Christmas approaching, Sax and Happy are locked in a climatic confrontation to rescue Hailey from Very Bad Santa’s lair; Merry sets out to save Amanda from a far more powerful foe.
So our Happy! live-blogs and recaps are less “formal reviews” and more of a review/recap hybrid (a “rev-ap”-type thing): We’re going to cover the nitty and the gritty of the episode, along with some of our thoughts on what worked and what should’ve be left untouched by human hands. If you’re not familiar with the graphic novel series, then definitely keep that in mind as you keep reading or watching. If you know what’s coming, then spoilers probably aren’t going to be a big deal for you; but there may be some discussion (translation: rants) of either subtle changes or drastic differences that you might want to avoid until you see them for yourself.
For a look back at our live blog of ‘I Am the Future’, feel free to make your way here.
Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Morrison and Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name, and stars Christoper Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille), Joseph Reitman (Money Monster), Lili Mirojnick (Friends With Benefits), Patrick Fischler (Twin Peaks: The Return), Ritchie Coster (True Detective), Zabryna Guevara (Gotham) and Debi Mazar (Entourage).
We’ll be back with Happy Trails in 2019 with Happy!‘s second season on Syfy; and we’ll have some cool Happy!-related stuff during the off-season so… see you then!
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- Charmed s01e02 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Can The Vera Sisters Trust Harry Greenwood? (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 7: ‘The Gang Does a Clip Show’ as Only They Can (REVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’: Saviors Want Answers from “The Widow” (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018