DayZ developer Bohemia Interactive has reiterated that the Xbox One version of the game will land this year, but cast some doubts on the status a PlayStation 4 release.
Back in December, we reported that the DayZ was coming to consoles. The developer had put up an update saying that the game would finally hit 1.0 in 2018, and alongside that, it would be getting console versions too. It’s great to see the game finally coming through its lengthy early access period and hopefully opening up to a brand new audience.
That being said, while the game remains set for an Xbox One release a little later this year, it seems the plan for PlayStation 4 specifically is less concrete. Speaking to a user on Twitter, the official game account confirmed the Xbox plans but said that it wasn’t sure when to expect the PlayStation 4 version. It said:
Yes! Coming to Xbox Game Preview at some point this year, we’re not sure about PS4 yet, but we’ll release there too, eventually – just don’t know when yet.
— DayZ Development (@dayzdevteam) February 5, 2018
Like Ark: Survival Evolved and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, DayZ absolutely could be a hit on Xbox One’s Game Preview programme. PlayStation 4, while making exceptions like the aforementioned Ark, doesn’t have a similar early access programme in place. It’s clear something will have to be worked out, or the game will have to complete its console development before it is allowed on Sony’s platform. That could take a while, and not necessarily be in 2018. We will have to see.
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Gets an Xbox Patch for Vehicles
- Details Emerge About PS4's 5.50 Firmware Update
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Banned Over One Million Players In January
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018