It’s no secret that Amazon Studios has been looking for their own “Game of Thrones-like epic fantasy series” which we were pretty sure was going to be their Lord Of The Rings based series, but now it looks like the streaming service has their eyes set on a certain Barbarian named Conan.
Deadline says this new Conan The Barbarian show will retell “the classic character’s story via a return to his literary origins. Driven out of his tribal homelands, Conan wanders the mysterious and treacherous world of civilization where he searches for purpose in a place that rejects him as a mindless savage.”
Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones‘ director Miguel Sapochnik, Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield are on board for the series with Pathfinder Media and Endeavor Content.
Deadline goes on to say that Condal has a bit of a ‘personal obsession with the material’. Sapochnik also has been a longtime fan of the Conan The Barbarian story, leading to their collaboration. Reportedly the ultimate goal for the pair is to ‘return to the original Robert E. Howard literary works and produce a series that is faithful to the spirit his Conan character’.
We’ll keep you appraised as any more information about the series is released.
- HBO SVP of Drama Spills on Game of Thrones' Final Season
- Check Out This Amazing NYC Game of Thrones Cosplay Shoot!
- Highlander Reboot Has a Completed Script, Report Says
- San Diego Comic-Con Sells out Preview Night 2019 in an Hour - October 13, 2018
- ‘The Mandalorian’: Jon Favreau Teases Familiar Star Wars Prop - October 12, 2018
- James Wan Shares Film Magazine November ‘Aquaman’ Cover - October 12, 2018
- New Vikings Poster has Crowned [King] Ivar the Boneless - October 12, 2018
- FUNKO Has ‘Trading Places’ Pops Coming, But No Jamie Lee Curtis?! - October 11, 2018