The Super Bowl may be the biggest event in professional football, but for some viewers, it’s an even bigger event for the commercials that air during it. Back in 1999, at the height of its Attitude Era popularity, WWE, then known as the World Wrestling Federation, produced a commercial for the Super Bowl that captured the spirit of the era.
This weekend, WWE released a behind-the-scenes look at the commercial on YouTube, featuring footage that hasn’t been seen in nearly twenty years. See stars like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, and Vince McMahon in their prime and get some insight into what went into a commercial that most wrestling fans probably still remember today.
For a bonus, here’s a video that shows the commercial in full, along with the alternate version that was also produced at the time. This one also features the Sable spot, which was cut from the version shown above:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Star Dave Bautista on James Gunn: Whatcha Gonna Do When #Cybernazis Come for You? - July 22, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men Returns in November - July 22, 2018
- Chris Claremont Writes Magneto for X-Men Black Weekly One-Shots - July 22, 2018
- First Look at Steve McNiven’s Interior Artwork for Return of Wolverine #1 - July 22, 2018
- The Morlocks Come to Fox’s The Gifted in Season 2, Plus More X-Men “Straight Out of the Comics” [Trailer] - July 22, 2018