The Super Bowl may be the biggest event in professional football, but for some viewers, it’s an even bigger event for the commercials that air during it. Back in 1999, at the height of its Attitude Era popularity, WWE, then known as the World Wrestling Federation, produced a commercial for the Super Bowl that captured the spirit of the era.
This weekend, WWE released a behind-the-scenes look at the commercial on YouTube, featuring footage that hasn’t been seen in nearly twenty years. See stars like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, and Vince McMahon in their prime and get some insight into what went into a commercial that most wrestling fans probably still remember today.
For a bonus, here’s a video that shows the commercial in full, along with the alternate version that was also produced at the time. This one also features the Sable spot, which was cut from the version shown above:
- Fathom Events to Premiere Latest Fate Anime in U.S. Theaters for 2 Nights Only in June - April 25, 2018
- Goldberg Thinks Hulk Hogan Deserves a Chance to Be Given a Chance to Return to WWE - April 24, 2018
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018
- Spoilers Revealed in New Avengers: Infinity War Clip at #CinemaCon2018 - April 24, 2018