The Super Bowl may be the biggest event in professional football, but for some viewers, it’s an even bigger event for the commercials that air during it. Back in 1999, at the height of its Attitude Era popularity, WWE, then known as the World Wrestling Federation, produced a commercial for the Super Bowl that captured the spirit of the era.
This weekend, WWE released a behind-the-scenes look at the commercial on YouTube, featuring footage that hasn’t been seen in nearly twenty years. See stars like Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, and Vince McMahon in their prime and get some insight into what went into a commercial that most wrestling fans probably still remember today.
For a bonus, here’s a video that shows the commercial in full, along with the alternate version that was also produced at the time. This one also features the Sable spot, which was cut from the version shown above:
- Suicide Squad Canceled With January’s #50… Just in Time for an Azzarello Relaunch? - October 15, 2018
- Heroes in Crisis: Now Everybody at Sanctuary Has Had Their Personal Data Stolen - October 15, 2018
- The End of the Line for $2.99 on New Age of DC Heroes? Plus: The Unexpected Ends With #8 - October 15, 2018
- First Nightwing, Now Alfred Attacked in Detective Comics in January - October 15, 2018
- DC is Putting Politics in Your Batgirl Comics in January… Literally - October 15, 2018