When Ronda Rousey debuted in WWE in a shocking moment following the historic first-ever women’s Royal Rumble match, it resulted in a lot of mainstream publicity for the pro wrestling company. It also resulted in some backlash from fans, who felt that Rousey’s appearance took away Asuka‘s victory in the Rumble match. The move didn’t seem to sit well with some of the WWE superstars either, who took to social and regular media to complain about the booking of the former UFC champion overshadowing the accomplishments of WWE’s full-time wrestlers. We’ve seen Nikki Bella, Nia Jax, Alundra Blayze, and Dana Brooke weigh in on that side, as well as Sasha Banks.
Finally, one of the women of WWE has come out in support of Rousey: former Women’s Champion Natalya!
“Ronda is a good friend of mine and somebody that I respect on a personal and professional level,” said Natalya. “Last Sunday, we made history at the Royal Rumble, first ever Women’s Royal Rumble match. We competed with women from the past, present, and the future of the WWE, and obviously, Ronda made her debut. For me, it was exciting to welcome her to the WWE family, because she’s a pioneer for women in sports and WWE is embracing this women’s evolution and women empowerment.”
“I feel like Ronda is going to do great with us,” Natalya added. “You know, every day is different, time will tell, but I’m excited about her being there.”
If you’re only going to have one woman rooting for you, it might as well be the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
- Everything You Knew About Dark Phoenix Saga was… Hey, Stay Away From Our X-Men, Marvel! - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Know About… Okay, These Marvel Teasers Are Getting Ridiculous - December 11, 2018
- Gail Simone Asks: Who Are the Hotshots? - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Knew About the Avengers Finding Captain America in the Ice Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018
- Dav Pilkey’s Dog-Man to Party Like It’s 1991 With 5 Million Copy Print Run - December 11, 2018