When Ronda Rousey debuted in WWE in a shocking moment following the historic first-ever women’s Royal Rumble match, it resulted in a lot of mainstream publicity for the pro wrestling company. It also resulted in some backlash from fans, who felt that Rousey’s appearance took away Asuka‘s victory in the Rumble match. The move didn’t seem to sit well with some of the WWE superstars either, who took to social and regular media to complain about the booking of the former UFC champion overshadowing the accomplishments of WWE’s full-time wrestlers. We’ve seen Nikki Bella, Nia Jax, Alundra Blayze, and Dana Brooke weigh in on that side, as well as Sasha Banks.
Finally, one of the women of WWE has come out in support of Rousey: former Women’s Champion Natalya!
“Ronda is a good friend of mine and somebody that I respect on a personal and professional level,” said Natalya. “Last Sunday, we made history at the Royal Rumble, first ever Women’s Royal Rumble match. We competed with women from the past, present, and the future of the WWE, and obviously, Ronda made her debut. For me, it was exciting to welcome her to the WWE family, because she’s a pioneer for women in sports and WWE is embracing this women’s evolution and women empowerment.”
“I feel like Ronda is going to do great with us,” Natalya added. “You know, every day is different, time will tell, but I’m excited about her being there.”
If you’re only going to have one woman rooting for you, it might as well be the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
- How Will Rogue and Gambit Escape Their Predicament in Mr. and Mrs. X #4? A Sexy Sneak Peek - September 24, 2018
- A Double Dose of Rick & Morty, Plus: Dream Daddy, Invader Zim, More in Oni Press Previews for 9-26-18 - September 24, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish Minecraft OGN by Sfé R. Monster, Sarah Grayley, John J. Hill - September 24, 2018
- Valiant Reveals Exclusives for New York Comic Con - September 24, 2018
- BOOM! Snags License for Lev Grossman’s The Magicians, Plans OGN by Lilah Sturges and Pius Bak - September 24, 2018