Last Sunday at the WWE Royal Rumble, the women of WWE made history by competing in the first-ever women’s Royal Rumble match. The event was star-studded with a dozen female superstars of the past returning, resulting in one of the most exciting and rewarding Royal Rumble matches of all time. The biggest name to return to the Royal Rumble match was Trish Stratus, who entered at number 30 and looked like she hadn’t missed a beat since retiring in 2006.
In a new backstage video from the event released by WWE this weekend, Stratus discusses the match, her return, and what she misses most about professional wrestling since her retirement.
“You know what I miss most about being away from the ring is this camaraderie between the girls. It’s really awesome. We have always known… I know that’s one thing I know back in the day was like… It’s a team effort. It really is everybody out there making this thing work and making each other look good and that’s why it works out there. So to come backstage and just see everyone interacting and sharing this passion for what we do out there… I believe that there’s only a handful of women in this world who do what we do out there, so to know that all are together in one ring at one time is incredible.”
- Everything You Knew About Dark Phoenix Saga was… Hey, Stay Away From Our X-Men, Marvel! - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Know About… Okay, These Marvel Teasers Are Getting Ridiculous - December 11, 2018
- Gail Simone Asks: Who Are the Hotshots? - December 11, 2018
- Now Everything You Knew About the Avengers Finding Captain America in the Ice Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018
- Dav Pilkey’s Dog-Man to Party Like It’s 1991 With 5 Million Copy Print Run - December 11, 2018