Obsidian Entertainment and Versus Evil have announced a release date for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire and it’ll be here soon. The game will launch in April and pre-orders are now live on Obsidian.net, Steam, and GOG, and THQ Nordic will be handling the global distribution of the game’s physical edition. The physical Obsidian Edition of the game, which includes additional in-game content and physical items for players to enjoy, is available for pre-order at all major gaming retail stores.
By pre-ordering the Standard, Deluxe, or Obsidian Edition, fans will receive three unique in-game digital items:
- St. Drogga’s Skull – Crafted from a sabre and the skull of a martyr, it will slash and burn enemies in combat, while also guiding players through the darkest reaches of the Deadfire.
- Beakhead, the Hawk (In-Game Pet): Beakhead, the white hawk, took a liking to your ship soon after you arrived in the Deadfire. Captains in the Deadfire are only as effective as their crew, and with this jaunty first-mate by your side, you’re bound to find success at sea.
- The Black Flag: This flag is said to have been flown by a mysterious and rowdy band of seadogs from a far-off land, who dyed their sails black with a stain made from ground-up dragon glass. Dark and intimidating, but somehow attractive, nonetheless.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will see you pursuing a rogue god over land and sea in the sequel to the multi-award-winning RPG Pillars of Eternity. You’ll captain your ship on a dangerous voyage across the vast unexplored archipelago region of the Deadfire.
The game’s highlights include:
- Immerse yourself in a deeper single player RPG game experience – enriched with cutting edge technology and features, Deadfire builds on the foundation of classic D&D gameplay with vastly improved graphics, deeper game mechanics and a whole new hand-crafted adventure where choices truly matter.
- Discover the new region of the Deadfire – plot your own course by ship and explore the rich and exotic islands of the archipelago region, discovering new places interacting with their inhabitants and engaging in a variety ofquests at every port.
- Build your party and customize your companions – choose from 7 different companions to join you on your quest and assign multiple classes and deeper abilities for each. Witness their personal relationships and interactions unfold with the addition of the new companion system.
- Captain your ship across the seas – as your stronghold on the seas, your ship is much more than simply a vessel for exploring. Upgrade your ship and crew and choose what skills you improve in order to survive dangerous encounters along the way.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will launch April 3, 2018 on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux platforms. You can check out the latest backer update for the game below.
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018