Nintendo will hold a pair of talk sessions at this year’s Game Developers Conference (GDC). Those panels will offer insight into the development of both Splatoon 2 and Arms.
In the session titled “Splatoon and Splatoon 2: How to Invent a Stylish Franchise with Global Appeal,” producer Hisashi Nogami will discuss the genesis of Nintendo’s popular ink-based shooter, as well as the challenges the studio faced in crafting a unique sequel for the Switch. Of course, it’ll be a fascinating discussion on game development as well as a bit of a celebration of Splatoon 2‘s success.
During the other session, titled “Arms: Building Mario Kart 8 Insights into a Showcase Nintendo Switch Fighter,” Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Arms producer Kosuke Yabuki will shed light on how some of Nintendo’s prior games aided in the creation of the Switch-exclusive fighter by taking feedback from Mario Kart 8 into account. Yabuki will also discuss how the studio incorporated motion controls into Arms and detail some of the challenges the team faced in creating a game that showcases the unique concept of the Switch and capitalizes on it’s hybrid nature.
Last year’s Nintendo GDC panel focused on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and how they built a 2D version of the game to make sure it succeeded as a 3D Zelda title.
GDC 2018 runs from March 19-23 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. Passes are available for the show now.
- ARMS Celebrates Its One-Year Anniversary With... A Photo?
- A Better Look At Splatoon 2 Upcoming Map & Weapon
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Might Just Make You Question Who You Are
- Mario Kart Tour Will Be "Free To Start" According To Nintendo
- Splatoon 2 Will Unleash Their Next Weapon On The Game Tomorrow
- Breath of the Wild Becomes the Second Best-Selling Zelda Game
- Wild Guns Reloaded Will Be Coming To The Nintendo Switch