Hans Zimmer has scored a lot of iconic superheroes in feature films. He did the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy, Snyder‘s Man of Steel, Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and created Wonder Woman’s theme for BvS (meaning he got a co-credit for Wonder Woman which used the theme in much of the score).
In 2016, Zimmer said he was retiring from scoring superhero films. In the wake of this, he turned out some pretty fabulous ones, like the Academy Award nominated Dunkirk for Nolan and Blade Runner: 2049 (along with Benjamin Wallfisch) for Denis Villeneuve.
In an interview about American Animals with HappySadConfused podcast during Sundance, Evan Peters (who plays Quicksilver in the FOX X-Men films) said that Zimmer would be composing the score for Simon Kinberg‘s X-Men: Dark Phoenix film.
Here’s the quote:
“[The set] was actually very tame. Simon directed this one, and came in very prepared, very professional. It was a different energy on set and everything got done like clockwork. It was very seamless. Everybody was a little bit more level-headed, so it was a very pleasurable, light experience. I think the film is gonna be incredible. Hans Zimmer’s scoring it—I don’t know if I was supposed to say that or not. Simon has surrounded himself with incredible people, and Simon knows this world better than anybody, so it was just cool to see him—he’s so happy and in his element in that world, and also being able to direct and guide everybody in this way. I was very happy for him and I think it’s gonna be great.”
“I don’t know if I was supposed to say that or not,” Peters said. So maybe let’s not count this as a done deal ’til we hear from Zimmer or the production.
If it’s true, though, that would certainly up my personal excitement for X-Men: Dark Phoenix, which is set to hit theaters on November 2nd.
- Report: Will Hans Zimmer Score 'Wonder Woman 1984'?
- 'American Animals' Interview with Director Bart Layton
- Ryan Murphy's 'Pose' Brings the Glitz, Glamor, Grit, and Family Drama
- The Hans Zimmer Composer Roundtable Featuring Ramin Djawadi, Henry Jackman and More
- [#CinemaCon] Dark Phoenix Gets a New Logo, Drops 'X-Men' from Title
- Masters of the Universe Fans are Going to Want This Orko Statue
- The Christopher Nolan 4K Box Set Is Unreal, In The Best Ways
- Blade Runner 2049 On 4K- The Ultimate Visual And Aural Home Experience
- Here's The 2018 BAFTA Nominations, And Joanna Lumley Is Hosting
- Seattle Museum To Run Marvel-Themed Exhibit In 2018 With Soundtrack By Hans Zimmer
- Hans Zimmer Live, The Composer's Orchestral Rock Concert
- Blade Runner 2049 Gains Composer Hans Zimmer
- Junkie XL Responds To Being Replaced By Danny Elfman On 'Justice League'
- Tina Guo Releases New Wonder Woman Theme Video