There are no definite plans for Fortnite to appear on the Nintendo Switch, but there is interest from a key member over at Epic Games that could make it happen. Specifically, Epic Games worldwide creative director Donald Mustard has responded positively when asked if Fortnite might be joining the legion of games making their way to the hybrid console.
Responding to a question on Twitter, Mustard said he wants to see Fortnite on the Switch eventually.
Yes. Yes I am. Hopefully we do that at some point!
— Donald Mustard (@DonaldMustard) January 25, 2018
Interest in hosting a game on a specific platform doesn’t mean it’ll happen, but it is the first step. And may developers have found the Switch to be a great platform for their games with some indicating that their games sell better on the Switch than any other platforms, while others find their games perform just as well on the Switch as they do on Xbox One or PS4.
Epic recently announced the studio is slowing development on Paragon to focus more on Fortnite so its obvious the studio has the time and resources to make a port of Fortnite, especially as they begin focusing on it more than their other games.
Fortnite is currently available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
- Dead Cells Just Got The Last Update Until Launch
- Epic Games Lets Fortnite Fans Know About an Update Delay
- Fortnite Servers Almost Completely Back To Normal After Outage
- Wild Guns Reloaded Will Be Coming To The Nintendo Switch
- Free League Launches Kickstarter for Mutant: Elysium - November 20, 2018
- Hearthstone Reveals New Cards for Rastakhan’s Rumble Expansion - November 20, 2018
- Firebrand Games is Bringing Solar Flux to the Switch - November 20, 2018
- Bethesda, Why??? Fallout 76’s First Patch is Over 50 GB on Consoles - November 19, 2018
- Wasteland 3 and Bard’s Tale IV are Still Porting to PS4 - November 19, 2018