This week’s Amazing Spider-Man #797 annoyed me a little. Set in London, obviously we get a shot of the Big Ben clock tower.
When for quite some time now, the tower has been covered in scaffolding, part of a long term refurb job, that is cramping the style of selfie tourists.
But in Amazing Spider-Man #797 it appears untouched.
And so what happens to someone at some point?
Okay, no, that’s Doomsday Clock #3. Doing Watchmen.
And so is that.
That’s better. There’s a lot of defenestration going on in comics today. But something like that. And so when Wolverine turns up, in his mission to walk around the Marvel Universe not actually meeting anyone, as in Captain America and The Mighty Thor, repairs are underway. And clearly the real explanation for what’s going on up there and why Big Ben won’t chime for Brexit…
I wonder how he gets through airport scanners these days. And since he was in the US last week, that’s a really long way to come and look at a clock to see if it’s worth meeting Spider-Man yet or not. There must be something more important a Wolverine can do.
Thank you, Phoenix Resurrection #4!
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #794 LEG WW
(W) Dan Slott (A) Stuart Immonen (CA) Alex Ross
THREAT LEVEL RED Part 1
• NEARLY ONE YEAR AGO Spider-Man hurled the dangerous madman called Zodiac a full year into the future.
• IN THIS ISSUE Spidey catches up to him, and Zodiac’s had a whole year to prepare for their rematch!
Rated TIn Shops: Jan 24, 2018
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #3
(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Gary Frank
The story takes a turn in the third chapter of this 12-issue series you never thought you’d see, from writer Geoff Johns and artist Gary Frank.
RATED T+In Shops: Jan 24, 2018
PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #4
(W) Matthew Rosenberg (A) Ramon Rosanas (CA) Victor Hugo
A light in the darkness is not always welcome.
Kitty Pryde, Old Man Logan and Cyclops are leading teams of X-Men all across the globe, chasing events connected to the Phoenix. But with teammates disappearing and familiar enemies returning, the X-Men are fighting a losing battle. Beast doesn’t know how or what shape it will take, but he knows they are running out of time before the Phoenix makes its true presence known.
Meanwhile, a young woman named Jean is starting to go insane in her peaceful, suburban life. Nightmares and daydreams are spilling over into the world and revealing cracks in her reality. Jean’s life and everything in it may just be a facade, but made by who? And why?
Jean needs to escape. The X-Men need to stop the cycle of death the Phoenix brings. Their worlds will violently collide as Jean searches for an opening and the X-Men fight for closure. But when they are brought together, will the X-Men be reunited with their long-lost teammate – or something darker?
Rated T+In Shops: Jan 24, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018