Showtime’s series Billions is adding Emmy-winner John Malkovich for their upcoming third season. He will play a Russian billionaire named Grigor Andolov in a guest-starring arc. He joins a cast that includes Paul Giamatti, Damian Lewis, Maggie Siff, Toby Leonard Moore and Malin Ackerman.
Series creators Brian Koppelman and David Levien said this about their frequent collaborator in a statement:
John appeared in our first two films, Rounders and Knockaround Guys, and we have a long creative history together. We are ecstatic to be reunited with the man who played Teddy KGB once again.
Billions returns March 25th for season 3 and continues the personal and professional rivalry of U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Giamatti) and billionaire hedge fund manager Bobby Axelrod (Lewis). Last season ended with Axelrod arrested, the result of an elaborate plan from Rhoades that cost him and his father millions.
The series, which debuted in January 2016, is loosely based on the activities of federal prosecutor of financial crimes Preet Bharara, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and his legal battles with hedge fund manager Steve Cohen of S.A.C. Capital Advisors. Bharara was also known to have gone up against Donald Trump a few times in court. Trump fired him from the bench last year.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018