DICE have made an announcement today that sounds like the start of the Star Wars: Battlefront II “Apology Tour”, by announcing they are going to revamping the progression system in the game, along with new game modes that are on the way. Below are some of the finer details from a post they made today, but we’re curious what you think. Can the game be salvaged after so much ill-will from EA Games? Or is it too-little-too-late and they’ve ruined the game beyond repair?
- We’re working on a revamped progression system. Your feedback has been essential here, and we are preparing significant changes to progression that will address many of the things we’ve seen players asking for. We’ll be sharing more details about these changes in March.
- A game mode called Jetpack Cargo is coming in February. Two teams of eight players equipped with jet packs compete in Jetpack Cargo, a frantic, fast-paced way to play. This mode will only be available for a limited time, so don’t miss it.
- A new Season is coming soon. We’ve learned a lot from the first season of content for Star Wars Battlefront II, and we’re integrating those insights into our plans moving forward. We know you’re waiting for details on what’s coming in the next season, and we’ll have more to tell you soon.
Our goal has always been to create the best possible experience taking into account the feedback of our fans to continue to evolve and grow Star Wars Battlefront II.
- Crystal Microtransactions Are Coming Back to Star Wars: Battlefront II
- EA Play Will Return During E3 2018 To Hollywood
- EA Games Makes USA Today's Top 20 Most Hated Companies List
- Star Wars Battlefront II Gets New Patch Bringing New Map and Hero Ship
- The 21st Annual DICE Award Nominees Are Here
- EA's Fe Will Launch in February for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch
- Kylo Ren Gets the "Matt the Radar Technician" Treatment in Star Wars Battlefront II Mod
- Let’s Talk About Loot Boxes and Player Created Black Markets