One of the things the Black Panther movie highlights is the character’s use of technology, something that wasn’t a focus in the comics when the character was created. But Wakanda has always been an advanced society — making use of technology is well within the scope of the character. In a new clip from the upcoming film we get to see the use of two different technologies: the ability to virtually drive a real car and the use of kinetic energy. That is the energy built up through motion.
Black Panther’s suit builds up kinetic energy, in this case through being shot at, and turns that energy into an offensive weapon. That appears to be the purple glow that the character has at times.
This is an interesting use of science and a great way to convey it visually. It’s also an interesting way to expand the character’s abilities.
Summary: T’Challa, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king.
Black Panther, directed Ryan Coogler, stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, and Martin Freeman. It will be released on February 16th.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018