The development team known as The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency was hit with layoffs this week after a game was canceled, which has now thrown a wrench into any other game productions currently happening. David Jaffe took to Twitter to alert fans of the news.
Wanted y’all2hear it from me before anyone else:we’ve had a project canceled and have been forced2lay off the vast majority of the Bartlet Jones staff gaming division. More news2come but for now, that’s what’s up.Heart’s breaking4the amazingly talented crew that’s out of work :(.
— David Jaffe (@davidscottjaffe) January 23, 2018
No word yet as to what game was actually canceled and how many of the staff were let go, as the company has had a reputation over the years of not revealing much about what they’re working on until it was absolutely necessary. The company’s last major release was Drawn To Death, which came out back in April 2017 and got so-so reviews from the majority of critics. Whether or not the company will actually be able to continue is another question right now, seeing as how it says they laid off the majority of the gaming division, one wonders whether or not we’ll ever see another title come from the company again.
- David Jaffe Goes On Record About Bartlet Jones Future After Layoffs
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog - Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two...
- Image Comics Solicits For February 2018 Sees A New Governor For The Walking Dead
- Minky Woodcock: The Girl Who Handcuffed Houdini Review
- Darkness Visible: IDWE Developing Supernatural Comic For TV
- Dirk Gently Cast Talks Season 2 At New York Comic Con