While WWE’s Monday Night Raw 25th anniversary celebration was loaded with legends and nostalgia, one major part of WWE’s history was absent from both the Barclays Center and the Manhattan Center. The Immortal Hulk Hogan did not appear at Raw last night, except in a couple of brief clips, despite months worth of rumors that WWE was looking at bringing him back. While Hogan’s absence was likely a disappointment to some (and a blessing to others), no one was more disappointed than the Hulkster himself.
Very hard sitting at home and not being at #Raw25 with all my friends but really enjoyed seeing it all. My how great the show was HH
— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) January 23, 2018
The reason Hogan was absent is obvious, of course. Hogan was exiled from WWE in 2016 when a recording of the Hulkster going on an offensive racist rant was leaked to the media as part of the Peter Thiel-funded trial against Gawker. Hogan’s racist tirade was bonus content on the secretly recorded sex video of Hogan having sex with the wife of radio shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge, not because they were having an affair, but rather as part of an arranged cuckolding scenario.
Even so, pro wrestling is a nostalgia-driven sport, so most expect that Hogan will be back one day, and despite the racist rant, he’ll probably be cheered wildly by the crowd. But Raw 25 wasn’t the night, it seems. Maybe at WrestleMania?
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return
- Multiple Wrestling Programs To Broadcast On Twitch For 10-Day Event
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018
- Stark Unlimited is the New Apple in Next Week’s Tony Stark Iron Man #6 - November 17, 2018
- The Legacy of the Batpenis in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Sleepwalker #3 - November 17, 2018
- A Hulkverine Heel Turn in Next Week’s Weapon H #10? - November 17, 2018
- In Next Week’s Web of Venom: Carnage Born #1, Hell is Children in Cages - November 17, 2018