Porgs, from Star Wars: The Last Jedi, are being unveiled in sneaker-form by London Footwear Brand, Po-Zu.
I’m not sure whether or not they are made from the skins of actual Porgs or not, but…
Oh, apparently, I’m hearing they are not. Okay. Good.
The new PORG sneaker is the latest in the range of co-branded Star Wars footwear to be released by ethical shoe brand, Po-Zu, under license by Lucasfilm and Disney. Launching for pre-sale this week, to be posted at the end of April, internationally. And nationally.
The new Sri Lankan ethical range will include unisex and vegan sneakers at a “very affordable price point”. I mean, we’re not talking George at Asda here. But you won’t have to sell an arm and a leg. After all, you’ll need your legs.
The new line is headed up by the key Porg style low-cut £59 (about $80) and high-top £69 (about $95), with the Porg images printed onto organic cotton and signature Star Wars | Po-Zu tongue detail.
The sneakers, made with organic cotton canvas upper, a coconut husk and natural latex FootMattress and FSC-certified Fairtrade rubber soles, and definitely not the shredded, dried and stretched skins of Porgs we first envisioned when we heard about these – and we hope we have made that really clear now , follow the sustainability pillars on which Founder and CEO Sven Segal, began Po-Zu 11 years ago. Even though he totally sounds like a Bond villain. Wrong franchise.
The new Sri Lankan ethical line will sit alongside Po-Zu’s Portuguese range, complimenting the current product offering of high-quality non-Porg leather and non-leather premium products, inspired by the footwear of main characters in the films such as Rey, Finn, Chewbacca, and Poe.
No Porgs were harmed in the making of these sneakers. I think we have rather hammered that point home now, to death. Just not of a Porg…
- Paul George Has a Pair of Fortnite Sneakers with Nike for Some Reason
- Mondo Music Release of the Week: Fuga Dal Bronx Soundtrack!
- Forty Minutes of Alita: Battle Angel to be IMAX-Sized - December 11, 2018
- Is There a Post-Credit Scene in Aquaman? (No Spoilers) - December 11, 2018
- Aquaman Review: A Superhero Movie Without Any Depth [Spoiler Free, Ish] - December 11, 2018
- Jean-Marc Lofficier’s Writer’s Commentary on the Barbarella Holiday Special - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About ‘Spider-Man No More’ Was Wrong Too - December 11, 2018