Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement created something pretty fabulous with their vampiric comedy What We Do In The Shadows. There have been stories swirling since last year that not only would we be getting a sequel about the clan of Werewolves (called We’re Wolves) from Shadows, but there would also be the possibility of a tv series with the vampires.
The big news today from Variety is that FX has officially put in a pilot production commitment for their own What We Do In The Shadows series. Clement and Waititi will serve as executive producers- Clement serving as writer and Waititi serving as director. Scott Rudin, Paul Simms, Garrett Basch, and Eli Bush will also executive produce. FX Productions will produce the series.
Waititi had said this series would take place in American, rather than in New Zealand. Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, and Harvey Guillen are set to star in the half-hour series, and that’s about as much information as we know at this point.
We already know there is a New Zealand series happening called Wellington Paranormal about the two police officer characters from Shadows.
- Taika Waititi Shares First Look at 'Wellington Paranormal' TV Series
- Taika Waititi Shares Image from Set of Jojo Rabbit, Calls it "Finite War"
- Report: FX Picks Up 'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series For 10 Episode Season
- Tom Hiddleston's Favorite MCU Moment, Also He Does a Brilliant Korg Impression
- 'What We Do in the Shadows' TV Series Casts Doug Jones, 3 Others for FX Pilot
- Jamie Foxx Auditioned to Play Spawn 6 Years Ago, Teases Plot of Reboot - July 17, 2018
- Her Universe Launches Disney Princess Line – There’s a HeiHei Purse - July 17, 2018
- Hulu Sinks Fangs into Anne Rice’s ‘Vampire Chronicles’ TV Series - July 17, 2018
- Zoya, Liberty Belle GLOW Action Figures Coming from Funko - July 17, 2018
- Greg Berlanti is Developing a Batwoman TV Series for The CW - July 17, 2018