Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement created something pretty fabulous with their vampiric comedy What We Do In The Shadows. There have been stories swirling since last year that not only would we be getting a sequel about the clan of Werewolves (called We’re Wolves) from Shadows, but there would also be the possibility of a tv series with the vampires.
The big news today from Variety is that FX has officially put in a pilot production commitment for their own What We Do In The Shadows series. Clement and Waititi will serve as executive producers- Clement serving as writer and Waititi serving as director. Scott Rudin, Paul Simms, Garrett Basch, and Eli Bush will also executive produce. FX Productions will produce the series.
Waititi had said this series would take place in American, rather than in New Zealand. Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, and Harvey Guillen are set to star in the half-hour series, and that’s about as much information as we know at this point.
We already know there is a New Zealand series happening called Wellington Paranormal about the two police officer characters from Shadows.
- FX's 'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Coming to NYCC
- Taika Waititi Shares First Look at 'Wellington Paranormal' TV Series
- Taika Waititi Shares Image from Set of Jojo Rabbit, Calls it "Finite War"
- Report: FX Picks Up 'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series For 10 Episode Season
- Tom Hiddleston's Favorite MCU Moment, Also He Does a Brilliant Korg Impression
- 'What We Do in the Shadows' TV Series Casts Doug Jones, 3 Others for FX Pilot
- Fire & Blood: An Excerpt From George R. R. Martin’s Targaryen History Tome - November 16, 2018
- D23 Releases 2019’s Schedule, Celebrating 10 Years of Disney Fandom - November 16, 2018
- Reasons to go to Disneyland in 2019: Meet Captain Marvel - November 16, 2018
- Katheryn Winnick Shares New ‘Vikings’ Season 5b Teaser - November 16, 2018
- Want to Win a CGC Signature Edition of Alex Ross’s Immortal Hulk #1? - November 16, 2018