The DC solicitations will be out soon, but writer Kurt Busiek gave fans a sneak peak when it comes to Astro City, his creator-owned Vertigo series with Brent Anderson and Alex Ross. According to Busiek, April’s Astro City #52 will be the final issue of Astro City as a monthly series. Over a hundred issues of Astro City have been published since its inception at Image Comics in 1995, which feels like it was decades ago. Oh wait, it was decades ago. We’re all so old. In the future, it seems, Astro City will transition to an original graphic novel format, at least according to Busiek’s tweet.
BIG NEWS! Today’s solicitations feature ASTRO CITY 52 — the final issue of the monthly series! But have no fear — we’ll be back in the first all-new ASTRO CITY GRAPHIC NOVEL! More details to come, from me, Brent, Alex and @vertigo_comics! pic.twitter.com/OlnFYqfaU3
— Kurt Busiek Resists (@KurtBusiek) January 22, 2018
We’ll be on the lookout for those details in the future. In the meantime, stay tuned for DC’s full solicits.
- Mark Millar Says DC Movies Fail Because the Characters Aren’t “Cinematic” - February 24, 2018
- In New Mini-Comic, Jughead Shows Archie How to Pre-Order Archie #29 Before FOC - February 24, 2018
- Hit-Girl #1 and Ice Cream Man #2 Get Second Printings - February 24, 2018
- Tenth Doctor Gets a Cover Collection from Titan in July - February 24, 2018
- Watch a Trailer for Peter Milligan and Colin Lorimer’s ‘The Prisoner’ Comic - February 24, 2018