The weather has been pretty cold lately, but that doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice style for comfort! This DIY Minnie Mouse pom pom sweatshirt may be aimed at kids, but fans of all ages can easily make this adorable and versatile sweatshirt.
What You’ll Need
- Kids red sweatshirt
- Black and red thread
- Sewing needle
- 1- and 2-inch black pom poms
- Small red bows
- White fabric paint
How to Make It
- Thread needle with black thread and tie a large knot at the end. (Each time you sew a new pom pom onto the sweatshirt, you’ll tie a large knot at the end of your thread.)
- Sew 2-inch pom poms onto sweatshirt, followed by 1-inch poms for Minnie’s ears.
- Hand sew pom poms onto sweatshirt by pushing your needle through the middle of the pom pom and into the sweatshirt.
- To secure pom poms onto sweatshirt, tie a finishing knot by holding the needle with one hand and your thread in the other. Loop the thread counterclockwise over the needle and pull it through. Push the loop down to your sweatshirt and tighten.
- Paint white polka dots onto red bows.
- When paint is dry, thread needle with red thread and sew bows in between Minnie’s ears using the same method as the pom poms.
- A Very Excited Alexa Bliss and Mike Rome Visit Disneyland Paris - May 23, 2018
- Lana #1! The Ravishing Russian Sets Her Sights on Money in the Bank - May 23, 2018
- The Miz Tries to Psych Out The New Day in SmackDown Live Opener - May 23, 2018
- Nerd Food: Birthday Cake Ice Cream at Disney World’s Plaza Ice Cream Parlor - May 22, 2018
- Kurt Angle Opens Monday Night RAW with Some Exciting Announcements - May 22, 2018