Konami has confirmed that Metal Gear Survive will require a constant online connection in order for you to play it, and it will include a micro-transaction system. To the surprise of pretty much no one. Many games have some kind of online connectivity requirement these days, especially when they’re designed to be massive multiplayer machines like MGSV is engineered for. And micro-transactions are just a way of life in gaming today. So neither of this news is surprising, but it is pretty disappointing to Metal Gear fans, because the core series has always avoided being anything so mainstream.
After attending a preview session of MGSV, GameSpot reported that he survival action game will require you to have an internet connection at all times, even if you’re playing solo. According to Konami, this is to “support a seamless integration between single player and co-op,” and enable the studio to deliver “ongoing content post-launch.”
Additionally, Metal Gear Survive will have micro-transactions through an online store where players can use real money to purchase in-game currency that can be used to buy things like Boost Passes. The virtual currency can also be acquired by simply playing the game, meaning you don’t have to pay real money to get it.
As for details on Metal Gear Survive‘s campaign length, Konami brand manager Jennifer Tsang told GameSpot the campaign should take anywhere from 15 to 20 hours to complete.
Metal Gear Survive launches on February 20 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. An open beta for the game is currently available on PS4 and Xbox One and will conclude tomorrow.
- Konami Confirms Release Date and Details for PES 2019
- Laser League Gets A New Trailer Before Betas Start This Weekend
- PlayStation Favorites Coming in New Mini-Figure Line at GameStop
- Jagex Opens Up Third-Party Publishing Initiative Ahead of Gamescom - August 15, 2018
- The 2018 Call of Duty World Championship Starts Today - August 15, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Has Invaded the New York City Subway System - August 15, 2018
- 4A Games and Deep Silver Open Up Pre-Orders for Metro Exodus - August 15, 2018
- Activision Shows Off New Spyro Reignited Hurricos Gameplay - August 15, 2018