In what may be the worst-kept secret in the Arrowverse, Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale) is making the move over to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow as a new series regular. The move has been rumored for a while now, ever since word that both halves of Firestorm would be leaving (Victor Garber, Franz Drameh), and Wally West’s presence had been scaled back on The Flash, it seemed like an obvious connection. And executive producer Marc Guggenheim had said that one of the seats would be filled by an already-established character from the Arrowverse.
Lonsdale will appear starting with Episode 11 of the current season and become a full-time member in episode 13.
Executive producer Phil Klemmer said of the move:
“When his character stepped away from Flash to go on walkabout, after being dumped and feeling somewhat estranged from his family and team, we knew that Wally West would fit in perfectly on Legends. By the end of this season, Wally will learn that the Legends have a different definition of what it means to be a hero.”
A hint at the future may have been seen in the Legends of Tomorrow third season premiere where Kid Flash had teamed up with Citizen Steel (Nick Zano) to take on some bad guys in Central City. No word on who, if anyone, will take up the other seat.
Legends of Tomorrow returns with new episodes on Monday, February 12th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 Gets a Poster and Trailer
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018