Bleeding Cool has been telling you since Secret Empire ended that Nick Spencer would take over Amazing Spider-Man from Dan Slott, and Marvel finally confirmed that Slott was leaving the book last month. Hopefully we’ll get that Spencer confirmation sometime soon so we can say, “pip pip!”
Now, in an interview with bird-themed pop culture site Vulture, Slott finally revealed what he’ll be working on next.
“I am going from the flagship character of the Marvel Comics of my youth to the gem of the Marvel Cinematic Universe,” Slott revealed. “The linchpin. I am going to Iron Man.”
Slott will have some big shoes to fill in the wake of the departure of “The Great One” Brian Michael Bendis, but he’s already been practicing his Bendis-y dialog.
“I’m all excited,” Slott continued. “They’d asked me to do Iron Man a while back, but by then I was at Surfer and I had Spidey and I was already overcommitted, so it kept gnawing at me. Like, Oh, man. I really do want to do Iron Man. This would be fun. And when that came around again, it was like, Okay, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I want Iron Man. I want this. I want this really bad.”
Looks like this transition will be pretty much seamless. As for what changes Slott has in store for the book, he dropped a massive spoiler (for shame!) on Twitter:
Read the full interview here.
- DC Comics is Giving Away a CGC Graded Action Comics #1 Silver Foil Variant - May 24, 2018
- E! News Spoils Total Bellas, Says Nikki Bella and John Cena are Back Together - May 24, 2018
- GLAAD Calls on Studios to Feature LGBTQ Characters in 20% of Movies by 2021 - May 24, 2018
- Mark Millar: No Second Printings for Hit-Girl #5 - May 24, 2018
- When Mark Millar’s Daughter Hacked His Twitter Account - May 24, 2018