Bleeding Cool has been telling you since Secret Empire ended that Nick Spencer would take over Amazing Spider-Man from Dan Slott, and Marvel finally confirmed that Slott was leaving the book last month. Hopefully we’ll get that Spencer confirmation sometime soon so we can say, “pip pip!”
Now, in an interview with bird-themed pop culture site Vulture, Slott finally revealed what he’ll be working on next.
“I am going from the flagship character of the Marvel Comics of my youth to the gem of the Marvel Cinematic Universe,” Slott revealed. “The linchpin. I am going to Iron Man.”
Slott will have some big shoes to fill in the wake of the departure of “The Great One” Brian Michael Bendis, but he’s already been practicing his Bendis-y dialog.
“I’m all excited,” Slott continued. “They’d asked me to do Iron Man a while back, but by then I was at Surfer and I had Spidey and I was already overcommitted, so it kept gnawing at me. Like, Oh, man. I really do want to do Iron Man. This would be fun. And when that came around again, it was like, Okay, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I want Iron Man. I want this. I want this really bad.”
Looks like this transition will be pretty much seamless. As for what changes Slott has in store for the book, he dropped a massive spoiler (for shame!) on Twitter:
Read the full interview here.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018