It’s finally time to find out what Gosetsu and Yotsuyu have been up to since being stranded together on an island after the fall of Doma Castle, as Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood‘s patch 4.2 Rise of a New Sun is coming our way on January 30th. Square Enix released the full detailed patch notes for what we can expect to see in 4.2, which includes the much needed housing update to add more residential wards and subdivisions to give more players access to housing, new content in the form of additional Main Scenario Quests, new dungeons, new raids, new Hildibrand Adventures, Free Company submarines for more exploration ventures, new mounts, and even PVP updates. We’re also getting some balance changes to some of the jobs, including Warrior, Dark Knight, and Astrologian.
The full highlights released with today’s trailer include:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Thanks to the Warrior of Light’s heroic deeds and Raubahn’s long-awaited return, Ala Mhigo continues its steady march towards recovery. All is not well in the East however, with worrying rumors coming out of Doma.
- New Raid Dungeon – The next arc in the Omega raid series, Omega: Sigmascape, arrives to test the Warrior of Light’s skills even further. With familiar faces from FINAL FANTASY Vappearing previously, today’s trailer shows the Sigmascape populated with features very reminiscent of FINAL FANTASY VI.
- New High-level Trial – Meet one of The Four Lords, Byakko, in this challenging new trial that begins a new series of side quests.
- New Dungeons – Two new high-level dungeons: Hells’ Lid and The Fractal Continuum (Hard).
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Vira, one of the tribes of the snake-like Ananta, have long supported the efforts of the Resistance by sending warriors to bolster their ranks. Now, they turn to the Warrior of Light for help.
- Glamour Dressers – Convert equipment, weapons, and tools into glamours at inns and combine them into a complete ensemble for convenient customization of player outfits.
- The Feast PvP Updates – Alongside a new ruleset and the addition of The Crystal Tower Training Grounds map, the new PvP Team System will allow groups of up to six players to compete in ranked matches while communicating using a special group chat function.
- A New Duty Recorder Feature – Analyze raid encounters from multiple viewpoints to improve tactics or relive your greatest battles with this new video playback feature.
- Housing Updates – New wards and subdivisions will be added to each of the four residential areas.
- Updates to bard’s performance actions, additional inventory through the use of a new companion storage feature, new equipment and more.
You can check out the full patch notes on the Lodestone, while the trailer is below.