Disney just released the official synopsis for their upcoming Avengers: Infinity War film. Written and directed by Russo brothers Anthony and Joe, this third Avengers movie will introduce several of the characters from across the MCU who haven’t met yet.
The official synopsis reads:
“An unprecedented cinematic journey ten years in the making and spanning the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe, Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War brings to the screen the ultimate, deadliest showdown of all time. The Avengers and their super hero allies must willing to sacrifice it all in an attempt to defeat the power of Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.”
You may recall that earlier this week Anthony Mackie teased an action sequence in the film where 40 superheroes battle in Wakanda, which is probably maybe possibly the scene from the trailer which features Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) and the Dora Milaje racing forward.
Robert Downey Jr. posted an image to his instagram earlier this month, signaling that filming on Infinity War had ended.
Avengers: Infinity War will open in theaters on May 4, 2018 in the US, but the UK will get the film a week ahead of that.
- Justice League Superman Finally Announced by Hot Toys
- Jurassic Park Funko Pops Roar Into Our Lives... Including Sexy Jeff Goldblum
- The Russo Brothers Confirm That Avengers 4 Has Wrapped Filming
- The Marvel Movie Glut of 2018 - Black Panther, Avengers, Ant-Man and the Wasp, New Mutants, Deadpool 2, Dark Phoenix and Venom
- Chris Hemsworth Wants to Continue Playing Thor in the MCU
- Robert Downey Jr. Shares a Picture from the Avengers: Infinity War Set
- The Best Viewing Order of the MCU Ahead of Avengers: Infinity War