Scout Comics and Entertainment is proud to announce that its critically acclaimed crime/thriller comic book series Smoketown by writer Phillip Kennedy Johnson (Aquaman, Power of the Dark Crystal) and artist Scott Van Domelen is now in development with writer/director Vaughn Stein. Vaughn’s most recent film, Terminal, starring Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, and Mike Myers, is currently in post-production.
Smoketown is a Tarantino-esque story that revolves around an American soldier in the days leading up to his murder. Jumping around in time, each chapter reveals a new facet of the soldier’s life (and death), and the many people he affected, before his time in the Middle East, during, and after.
Vaughn Stein says:
“Smoketown totally gripped me from the moment I first read it. It’s an incredible story; dark, twisted and utterly brilliant. I am extremely proud and excited to be bringing Smoketown to the screen with Scout Comics. It’s going to be a stunning movie.’”
Phillip Kennedy Johnson says:
“After seeing and reading Vaughn’s other work, I couldn’t be happier to have him on board. Smoketown is a story with intensely flawed characters, people who fell between the cracks, and Vaughn gets that. He’s the perfect choice to tell a story like this. I can’t wait for people to see his vision of our story.”
Ten copies of the first issue have sold on eBay today (after not selling any for months) from $2.65 to $7…
- Chatting with Vaughn Stein, Writer/Director of 'Terminal' Starring Margot Robbie
- Superman Justice League Statue Coming from Prime 1 Studios
- Stephen King Fan's Amazing Collection Ruined in Flood
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018