Big news this morning out of Twitch as the company has signed a multi-year partnership with Disney Digital Network (formerly Maker Studios) to bring exclusive content to the social streaming service from four of their biggest content creators. Those four are: Jacksepticeye, LuzuGames, Markiplier, and Strawburry17. That is major news considering that both Jack and Mark have made major names for themselves on YouTube and are now going to be making content exclusively for what is that platform’s biggest competitor. What exactly they’ll be producing has yet to be announced, and it’s a little odd since a couple of them already have channels, but Twitch did say that each creator will “manage their own channels on Twitch where they will broadcast live and create exclusive video-on-demand content as part of a multi-year partnership.” Below are a couple quotes from each company on the deal from their press release, as we look forward to seeing what this new partnership brings.
“The growth of Twitch is based on listening to our content creators and building the features they need to be successful, including our robust approach to monetization, moderation, and interactive technology,” said Michael Aragon, SVP of Content, Twitch. “We look forward to working with Disney Digital Network and their large stable of popular entertainers to showcase all that we have to offer, including a passionate and supportive community.”
“We’re always looking to create opportunities for our Disney Digital Network digital talent to bring their stories and content to more fans in new ways,” said Andrew Sugerman, EVP of Publishing and Digital Media, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. “Partnering with Twitch gives our biggest creators access to the platform’s tools, expertise and community to directly engage with and build their audiences.”
- Taking YouTube Fun on the Road: An Interview with Markiplier's 'You're Welcome Tour'
- Overwatch League Drew Over 10 Million Viewers in its First Week
- Canadian Twitch User May Face Prison Time for Spamming
- Outlander Season 4: First Look At Jamie And Claire In America
- [UPDATED] Twitch Reportedly Paid a Lot of Money for the Overwatch League Broadcasting Deal
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Dallas Fuel vs Seoul Dynasty
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077 - March 20, 2018
- Vivendi Officially Exits From Ubisoft’s Share Capital - March 20, 2018
- Overwatch Gives Brigitte a Launch Trailer as She Enters the Game - March 20, 2018
- Adult Swim Games Will Bring Pool Panic to PC and Nintendo Switch - March 20, 2018
- West Of Loathing Confirmed for Nintendo Switch Release - March 20, 2018