Titan Comics has released a trailer for Alisik, the next comic coming from their European comics imprint, Statix Press. Written by Hubertus Rufledt with art by Helge Vogt, Alisik is described as “a cross between Emily The Strange and Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book – a beautiful dark and gothic tale of mortality and what happens after death.”
“Alisik started as a short animation I did during my time at Disney – something different, a bit darker, but not horror. Hubertus liked it so much, that we wanted to make a comic series out of it,” said Vogt in a press release. “Alisik became a part of my life. It’s the best I’ve done so far, and I’m thrilled that it’s coming out English!”
Here’s the description of the book:
When Alisik wakes up alone in a cemetery, she thinks she’s in the middle of a nightmare. Terrified, she flees into the night, but realizes she is invisible to everyone she meets. She really is dead, with no memory of how it happened … and only the ghostly residents of the graveyard can help her unravel the mystery of her afterlife.
That happens to us all the time!
Check out the trailer below, along with a cover by Junko Mizuno, a cover by Vogt, and some preview pages. Alisik hits stores on February 28.
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018