Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery has finally stepped out of the shadows to show off our first look at the game.
A little while back, we caught wind that an RPG game based in J.K. Rowling‘s Wizarding World was coming for mobile. It wasn’t super clear what it was, or how it would work, but you only have to say the words “Harry Potter RPG” to get people interested.
While we don’t necessarily know more about it now, we have just been given the all-important first look. The game will take place before Harry ends up at the school, standing in for the fairly ‘calm’ period in the franchise’s lore. This means you’ll probably be focusing mainly on going to school and chasing stories, as opposed to thwarting Voldemort and his merry band of Death Eaters. You’ll be in lessons with Snape and McGonagall while also interacting with Hagrid. There are sure to be other professors and students you’ll recognise throughout the game, too. Developer Jam City promises that the game will follow “large plot arcs and smaller stories such as relationship quests,” so, you know, hope you are ready to get friending (and potentially dating?). Sadly, the game doesn’t quite have a release date yet.
Take a look at the trailer here:
This is only the second Harry Potter mobile game planned for this year, as Pokémon Go‘s Niantic is also working on a title. To see that, though, we will have to wait a little longer.
- Jam City Announces a New Partnership with Disney
- Niantic Reveals Details for Upcoming Pokémon GO Community Day
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018