Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery has finally stepped out of the shadows to show off our first look at the game.
A little while back, we caught wind that an RPG game based in J.K. Rowling‘s Wizarding World was coming for mobile. It wasn’t super clear what it was, or how it would work, but you only have to say the words “Harry Potter RPG” to get people interested.
While we don’t necessarily know more about it now, we have just been given the all-important first look. The game will take place before Harry ends up at the school, standing in for the fairly ‘calm’ period in the franchise’s lore. This means you’ll probably be focusing mainly on going to school and chasing stories, as opposed to thwarting Voldemort and his merry band of Death Eaters. You’ll be in lessons with Snape and McGonagall while also interacting with Hagrid. There are sure to be other professors and students you’ll recognise throughout the game, too. Developer Jam City promises that the game will follow “large plot arcs and smaller stories such as relationship quests,” so, you know, hope you are ready to get friending (and potentially dating?). Sadly, the game doesn’t quite have a release date yet.
Take a look at the trailer here:
This is only the second Harry Potter mobile game planned for this year, as Pokémon Go‘s Niantic is also working on a title. To see that, though, we will have to wait a little longer.
- F1 2015 is Free to Pick Up Right Now Thanks to Humble Bundle - March 23, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human Gets 3 Trailers to Show Off Its Protagonists - March 23, 2018
- Overwatch League: Dallas Fuel’s Tank Woes Continue as New Tank OGE is Suspended Before Even Arriving - March 23, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Working On AAA RPG Set to Release By 2021 (And it’s Not Cyberpunk 2077) - March 23, 2018
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change - March 22, 2018