Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl announced Isola: Island of the Dead from Image Comics at Image Expo back in 2016, intended to see publication in the spring of 2017.
The best laid plans, etc…
Well, now Fletcher and Kerschl, best known together for their work on Gotham Academy, with Academy colourist Msassyk and Motor Crush letterer Aditya Bidikar, are bringing Isola to publication in April.
ISOLA is set in a mystical land where the queen’s brother enacts a treacherous plot to transform her into a tiger. The captain of the guard, a woman of great skill, brings swift and lethal vengeance, unaware the wicked prince alone has the power to reverse the spell. The two women—one on two legs, one on four—must undertake a perilous journey halfway across the globe to the fabled island of ISOLA, gateway to the underworld, where they hope to find the spirit of the queen’s late brother and return her to human form.
This is what they say now.
The captain of the Royal Guard has fled the capital city with the Queen of Maar, suffering under the effects of an evil spell. Captain Rook’s only hope of returning Queen Olwyn to her throne and saving the kingdom from impending war lies on an island half a world away—a place known in myth as Isola, land of the dead.
“Karl and I have been friends since we were 10 years old,” said Fletcher. “Publishing ISOLA with Image Comics is the culmination of everything we dreamed about as kids and worked toward as adults.”
“ISOLA is my dream comic,” said Kerschl. “Exotic animals, sprawling forests, mythic creatures: all of my artistic indulgences under one roof.”
Isola #1 will be published on April 4th.
- DC Comics to Ship Batman: Damned with Special Care to Prevent Damages - August 15, 2018
- Die!Die!Die! #2 is Out Next Wednesday, #3 Out on 26th September - August 15, 2018
- DC Comics to Start a Nuclear War Against Christmas with the Nuclear Winter Special 2018 - August 15, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell, Women Readers, and Dogpiling on Critics - August 15, 2018
- Limited Edition Polybagged Black Badge #1 Sent to Key Influencers… Bleeding Cool Not Included - August 15, 2018