What’s one cable network’s loss could possibly be another cable network’s gain, with news of Michael Green‘s (Hannibal) current availability making its way around several production companies and a number of television series projects. One of those projects that’s of particular interest to comic book fans – and FX – is the anticipated adaptation of writer Brian K. Vaughn‘s Y: The Last Man series, with Green set to serve as showrunner.
During the most recent Television Critics Association (TCA) winter press event, FX CEO John Landgraf gave TV Guide a status update on the series’ development:
“[We feel] pretty optimistic, not quite at a final decision point, but we got a script I really like, a draft we really like recently. Michael is available, because he’s not involved in American Gods [anymore].
The fact that Landgraf was even able to offer some public acknowledgement of hope is a good sign for Y: The Last Man fans everywhere. Along with that, it should be noted that Sons of Anarchy spin-off Mayans MC was one of the other shows he’s spoken so highly of recently. The show would go on to receive a series commitment in January.
Y: THE LAST MAN, winner of three Eisner Awards and one of the most critically acclaimed, best-selling comic books series of the last decade, is that rare example of a page-turner that is at once humorous, socially relevant and endlessly surprising.
Written by Brian K. Vaughan (LOST, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD, EX MACHINA) and with art by Pia Guerra, this is the saga of Yorick Brown—the only human survivor of a planet-wide plague that instantly kills every mammal possessing a Y chromosome. Accompanied by a mysterious government agent, a brilliant young geneticist and his pet monkey, Ampersand, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he’s the last man on earth.
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- Charmed s01e02 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Can The Vera Sisters Trust Harry Greenwood? (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 7: ‘The Gang Does a Clip Show’ as Only They Can (REVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’: Saviors Want Answers from “The Widow” (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018