Atlus has announced this morning that the latest game in the Shin Megami Tensei JRPG series, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux, will finally be released in the west on the 3DS. The game will be released on May 15th for $40, following a new story where the U.N. investigates a spatial distortion that could swallow the Earth whole. Below are some of the features highlighted in the press release sent this morning.
- A Stranger Journey Back – In Strange Journey Redux, you play as a brave United Nations soldier investigating a spatial anomaly called the Schwarzwelt–a dome of dark energy that threatens to consume the world. Inside, you’ll find it home to a nightmare mirror of our own Earth, populated with demons dying to meet you. The game touts brand-new illustrations by Masayuki Doi, updated visuals, UI tweaks, and more to make this journey back into the Schwarzwelt … even stranger.
- Additional Story Content and a Brand-new Character – You won’t be retreading the same nightmarish path as before because a brand-new character named Alex will play a major role in how the story unfolds. Much about her is a mystery, but there is one thing you know for sure: she’s got a bone to pick with you. Joining her are new demons you might recognize from other SMT entries, new endings, and a new dungeon to discover.
- Atlus Confirms 'Shin Megami Tensei V' Headed To The West
- Atlus Give Details To The DLC Bundles For 'Persona 5'
- Nintendo Reveal A Large List Of Games Coming For The 3DS
- SEGA & Atlus Finally Reveal Their Plans For E3
- Atlus Are Bringing Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux To The Americas In 2018
- Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk Receives a New English Trailer - May 25, 2018
- Fortnite Pros Are Selling Themselves as Squad Bodyguards Online - May 25, 2018
- Dark Souls Remastered Releases a New Enhancements Trailer - May 25, 2018
- Nintendo Releases a New Trailer for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Switch - May 25, 2018
- Fortnite Shuts Down Jetpacks Almost Immediately After Launch - May 25, 2018