According to a new report, Forza Horizon developer Playground Games is set to be making a new Fable for Microsoft.
Rumours had begun to spin in the last few weeks about a new game in the series coming from the developer, but it was hard to know how seriously to take the word. These kinds of rumours fly around all the time, and it’s tough to know which to put your stock into. It seems though, this particular rumour has bore fruit.
That is if you believed the word of the very reliable Eurogamer. They claim the studio is indeed working on a new Fable game. What’s more is it will be in the ilk of the mainline games, specifically described as a “story and character-focussed open-world action RPG.” Whether this ends up being called Fable 4 or not doesn’t seem to matter, it will be a fully blooded Fable game and not a spin-off like Legends was intended to be or The Journey was.
Don’t expect anything too soon though as the report says the game is starting completely from scratch and it is early days. This, of course, comes just two years after Lionhead Studios closed down. It’s hard to know if any key veterans of the series will return, but Playground have been hiring for the RPG, so maybe in time.
Now, the original rumour, which now has added stock, also talked about a Perfect Dark game coming too. That, along with a new Fable would certainly be exciting news. Let’s have it.
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018