Wyrmbyte has taken their post-apocalyptic Hawaiian RPG to crowdfunding platform Fig. The open world hybrid RPG shooter Nightmarchers plays a bit like Far Cry meets Zelda, and is set on the island of Oahu after a cataclysmic event leaves the archipelago cut off from the rest of the world. You play as Kai, a man blessed (or cursed) by the forgotten gods of Hawaii to take back the island from the ravenous Kamapua’a.
Nightmarchers kicks off today on Fig offering both equity (shares in the game’s future) and rewards (traditional backer bonuses), with an overall goal of $100K. Backers can support by investing in Fig Game Shares that pay a return based on the game’s future sales. Like in most crowdfunding campaigns, stretch goals will add additional features, quest lines, powers, and more.
“Nightmarchers has been a passion project of ours for years now,” said Wyrmbyte CEO Scott Brown. “Hawaii means a lot to all of us at Wyrmbyte, both as a place we love to visit and as a culture. We’re thrilled to explore the mythology of Hawaii and reimaging it as part of our world in this sprawling shooter RPG.”
As Kai, you’ll wield real world weapons and the powers of gods like Maui and Pele to make Oahu a safe place for its people once more. Take to the skies as an owl and scout ahead or identify new mission opportunities. Take to the sea as a Shark and find hidden items on the ocean floor. Craft and customize dozens of weapons, or use your Uhane powers to strike silently from the bushes with your bow. There are dozens of outposts to reclaim, hundreds of missions to undertake, and six rival factions to work with to retake Oahu from Kamapua’a. His corrupted Nightmarchers and possessed islanders and wildlife will be gunning for you, so you’d better make good use of the factions’ knowledge and expertise if you hope to survive.
As of press time, the campaign is already 25% funded.
You can check out the trailer for Nightmarchers below.
(Last Updated January 17, 2018 8:54 pm )
- Second Self Beer Co. Creates an IPA Tribute to Zelda
- Trump to Investigate Video Games in Relation to School Shootings - February 22, 2018
- Old School RuneScape Celebrates 5 Years of Service with New Content Update - February 22, 2018
- Tera Online Open Beta Launches on Xbox One and PS4 in March - February 22, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studio Designers Allegedly Disagreed with Paladins’s Loot Boxes - February 22, 2018
- Fortnite’s Version 3.0 is Live, Bringing Faster Building and 60FPS to Consoles - February 22, 2018