Welcome back to Bleeding Cool’s weekly recap of Syfy‘s Happy! and another round of our sparkly clean “reminder recaps,” as we take a look back at last week’s Episode 5, ‘White Sauce? Hot Sauce?’.
Happy! Episode 105 ‘White Sauce? Hot Sauce?’: Following a destructive family reunion, Sax and Happy go their separate ways; Merry is under investigation by Internal Affairs; Hailey and children are introduced to a far more terrifying prison.
So my Happy! live-blogs and recaps are less “formal reviews” and more of a review/recap hybrid (a “rev-ap”-type thing): I’m going to cover the nitty and the gritty of the episode, along with some of my thoughts on what worked and what should’ve be left untouched by human hands. If you’re not familiar with the graphic novel series, then definitely keep that in mind as you keep reading or watching. If you know what’s coming, then spoilers probably aren’t going to be a big deal for you; but there may be some discussion (translation: rants) of either subtle changes or drastic differences that you might want to avoid until you see them for yourself.
For a look back at our live blog of last week’s ‘White Sauce? Hot Sauce?’, feel free to make your way here.
In this sneak preview for this week’s sixth episode, where “The Scrap Yard of Childish Things” finds Nick (Meloni) and Mikey (Gus Halper) have a truly random run-in that ends up at a church:
Happy! s01e06 “The Scrap Yard of Childish Things”: Sax and Happy embark on lonely journeys in which Sax stumbles on a new plan to negotiate for his daughter’s release; Happy takes solace in the welcoming arms of another Imaginary Friend.
Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Morrison and Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name, and stars Christoper Meloni (Law & Order: SVU), Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille), Joseph Reitman (Money Monster), Lili Mirojnick (Friends With Benefits), Patrick Fischler (Twin Peaks: The Return), Ritchie Coster (True Detective) and Zabryna Guevara (Gotham).
Join me Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. ET for Happy Trails, Bleeding Cool’s live-blog of the 10-episode series. We’ll have the live-blog post go live at 9 p.m. ET for some pre-game fun, so please make sure to check out Bleeding Cool’s website and Twitter accounts (@bleedingcool, @bleedingcooltv, @bcoolfilm) for updates… see you then!
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ (Bring Out Your Dead! Live Blog) - October 21, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018