In a behind-closed-doors presentation at PAX South, game industry legend Paul Neurath (Ultima Underworld, Thief) discussed the inspiration and history behind the upcoming highly-anticipated Underworld Ascendant from OtherSide Entertainment. A new video produced for PAX South featuring exclusive gameplay footage also takes a deep dive into the heritage of the studio and the deeply experienced team creating Underworld Ascendant for everyone who didn’t make it into that presentation. Warren Spector also helps out with the behind-the-scenes action.
Published by 505 Games, Underworld Ascendant will return players to the Stygian Abyss, a gorgeous fantasy world filled with danger and a pretty decent amount of intrigue. The world boasts an environment that will react dynamically to player choices, which you can see in the new gameplay footage.
In Underworld Ascendant, OtherSide Entertainment is innovating upon the player-authored gameplay of the original series in bold new ways to bring the ‘immersive sim’ genre forward in this action-RPG designed to reward creativity.
Underworld Ascendant, made with Unity, will be published on Steam for PC in the second half of 2018. Players can Wishlist the game now on Steam.
You can check out the PAX South behind-the-scenes trailer below.
Return to the Iconic Stygian Abyss with Industry Icons Paul Neurath and Warren Spector. Video features new gameplay footage debuted at PAX South 2018
- 505 Games Releases a New Gameplay Trailer for Underworld Ascendant
- Workout To Old-School Gaming Music For Charity With 8-Bit Workout Mixes
- Alterac Pass is Live in Heroes of the Storm - June 19, 2018
- 7 New Tracks and Weeny Issi Classic Races Roll Out in GTA Online This Week - June 19, 2018
- Warframe’s New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console - June 19, 2018
- DeathGarden Enters its Closed Beta Test Phase - June 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII is Getting a Third DLC Expansion Later This Month - June 19, 2018