In a behind-closed-doors presentation at PAX South, game industry legend Paul Neurath (Ultima Underworld, Thief) discussed the inspiration and history behind the upcoming highly-anticipated Underworld Ascendant from OtherSide Entertainment. A new video produced for PAX South featuring exclusive gameplay footage also takes a deep dive into the heritage of the studio and the deeply experienced team creating Underworld Ascendant for everyone who didn’t make it into that presentation. Warren Spector also helps out with the behind-the-scenes action.
Published by 505 Games, Underworld Ascendant will return players to the Stygian Abyss, a gorgeous fantasy world filled with danger and a pretty decent amount of intrigue. The world boasts an environment that will react dynamically to player choices, which you can see in the new gameplay footage.
In Underworld Ascendant, OtherSide Entertainment is innovating upon the player-authored gameplay of the original series in bold new ways to bring the ‘immersive sim’ genre forward in this action-RPG designed to reward creativity.
Underworld Ascendant, made with Unity, will be published on Steam for PC in the second half of 2018. Players can Wishlist the game now on Steam.
You can check out the PAX South behind-the-scenes trailer below.
Return to the Iconic Stygian Abyss with Industry Icons Paul Neurath and Warren Spector. Video features new gameplay footage debuted at PAX South 2018
- 505 Games Releases a New Gameplay Trailer for Underworld Ascendant
- Workout To Old-School Gaming Music For Charity With 8-Bit Workout Mixes
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018