This has been anticipated for a very long time. They even made a film based on it, 300: Rise of an Empire, five years before it was published.
And now, Dark Horse is revealing art from Xerxes: The Fall of the House of Darius and the Rise of Alexander, the highly anticipated companion to Frank Miller’s award-winning series 300.
Frank Miller, creator of Sin City and 300, writes and draws this sprawling historical epic, twenty years in the making, with Alex Sinclair, the colorist for Miller’s Dark Knight III: The Master Race.
Xerxes: The Fall of the House of Darius and the Rise of Alexander follows Persian King Xerxes as he sets out to conquer the world to avenge his father Darius’s defeat and create an empire unlike anything the world has ever seen… until the hardy Greeks produce a god king of their own, Alexander the Great. This five-issue series will see each comic contain thirty plus pages of story and features wrap-around covers in a deluxe collector format.
“300 was an interlude in the great story of the Persian Wars. The battle of 300 represented one episode in a much greater series of wars,” said Xerxes creator Frank Miller. “This series tells the story of the first great clash of civilizations, the first bloody contest between east and west. The odds vastly favor the Persian forces, but the Greeks have Alexander, the greatest military commander of all time.”
The first issue of Xerxes: The Fall of the House of Darius and the Rise of Alexander will be on sale in comic stores on April 4th, 2018 for $4.99.
- Letitia Wright Would Rather Be the New Black Panther Than the New Iron Man - May 26, 2018
- David Harewood Promises Big Changes to Supergirl at the End of Season 3 - May 26, 2018
- 15 Things to Pick Up at MCM London Comic Con 2018 Today - May 26, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – Justice, No Justice - May 25, 2018
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018