There’s a new Final Fantasy mobile app on the way to North America in the form of Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omina, which serves as a companion app to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. The app has been available in Japan to go with the arcade version of the game, but now that it’s being released on the PS4 worldwide, it appears the app will be translated to English and receive a release from Square Enix for iOS and Android devices.
As you can see from the footage below, the app serves more as a traditional RPG game, where you’ll be using the series most famous characters in your parties to battle against some of the most famous creatures in the game. The idea behind the game is that the world you’re fighting in is a temporary “rest area” for the characters when they’re not off battling in the NT world, but the space they’re in starts to fall apart and it is up to them to restore it. The game reminds us a bit of the combat sequences from Final Fantasy VII, but it has interactive pieces through tapping your phone and selecting menus mid-battle to give it enough of a modern edge that it doesn’t feel like a complete throwback. The game is due out sometime this month, but no official date was added to the trailer.
- Final Fantasy XII’s Vayne Solidor Comes to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Announced and PC Version Dated
- Lost Sphear has a New Trailer Highlighting Tomoki Miyoshi's Soundtrack
- The Latest Black Desert Online Videos Show Off The Lahn
- The Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Open Beta is Live Today
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood is Getting Glamour Dressers, New Beast Tribe Quests, and More in Patch 4.2