Sumo Digital’s Snake Pass has begun to make noise suggesting something new is on the horizon for the game or franchise.
Snake Pass, while not always the best game in the world, certainly had a strong idea around it. While I did grow to tire of its world just a little bit by the time the credits rolled, the central gameplay loop of using a physics-based snake and controlling it to get some slithering puzzle platforming done was really novel.
It seems we are in for some more of it, too. Sumo Digital has gotten out and suggested that Noodle has been sleeping, just waiting for a new adventure. In a tweet, the developer hinted that adventure was on its way in “early 2018”.
*yawn* We sssaid sssome things were happening in early 2018 – guess it’s time to wake up from our hibernation.
HELLO. 🐍🐍🐍 pic.twitter.com/vUPi8mjq56
— Snake Pass (@Snake_Pass) January 15, 2018
Now, we don’t know what this is exactly. Is this DLC that will add extra levels to the existing game, or are we looking at a sequel already? With the infrastructure of the first now in the bag, it’s not impossible to see a world where a sequel would come a year after the first, but at the same time, I may not put my money behind that being likely. Whatever the case it seems we might be finding out pretty soon. On that front, we will be sure to keep you up to date as much as possible.
- Rainbow Six Siege is Getting a Free Weekend This Week - August 13, 2018
- Quake Champions has Gone Free-to-Play Permanently - August 10, 2018
- Doom Eternal Gets its Gameplay Reveal Showcasing Demon Crushing Action - August 10, 2018
- Hunt Showdown is Free to Try This Weekend - August 10, 2018
- Fallout 76 Will See Composer Inon Zur Return - August 10, 2018