UPDATE: We received a message from Epic Games, letting us know that the information in our story is incorrect and that the development team is, in fact, working on weekly updates to the game. And also stressed that the company was working on updates over the holidays while most other companies were closed. We apologize to Epic Games for having incorrect information in the article, and as Fortnite players, we look forward to seeing what they have coming next.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, developers from Epic Games revealed there’s no new maps or vehicles in the works right now. Below is a snippet from the interview, where lead systems designer Eric Williamson goes into detail about why the game doesn’t really have any vehicles, which makes perfect sense when you think about it.
While the unexpected rocket riding adds a vehicle of sorts to the game, and the recent introduction of a launch pad does that as well, in general, the team doesn’t see a need to add vehicles to the game. “We talked a bunch about vehicles and pros and cons,” Williamson says. “But we don’t have a need to add vehicles to get around the map because our travel times allow you to get mostly wherever you want to go. When we discuss vehicles, we talk about trying things with unique functionality and make it not just about going from point A to point B. That’s the extent of it.”
- Fortnite Just Disabled Friendly Fire To Prevent Team Killing
- New Locations To Be Added In Fortnite's Next Map Update
- The 21st Annual DICE Award Nominees Are Here
- Fortnite Unleashes Its Latest Patch, Which Includes an Uncozy Campfire
- A Fortnite Ad Takes A Cheap Shot At Destiny 2 In Their Own Reddit
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- Another Pokémon GO Datamine Finds Mention of a Fourth Generation - August 17, 2018
- A Hat in Time to Make a Special Announcement on a Livestream Next Week - August 17, 2018
- Square Enix and Coca-Cola Join Forces for a Shadow of the Tomb Raider Event - August 17, 2018