Netflix has released a featurette for each of the six different episodes in Black Mirror season 4, their science-fiction anthology series. In the videos, series creator/writer Charlie Brooker explains what led to each episode and how they came to be.
The show has a sense of unease about the march of technology, and in most cases that is the main driving force for each story. Though with the U.S.S. Callister, Brooker admits he really wanted to do an episode in space and he brought his kids along while shooting so they think that “Daddy has a space ship.” You can do that type of thing in the fourth season of a series.
Black Mirror is a British science-fiction television anthology series created by Brooker. The show centers on the dark and potentially twisted consequences of modern society and the effects of new technologies. Its an anthology series set in either alternate presents or near futures and are self-contained episodes. The series originally debuted on the British Channel 4 back in December 2011 with a second series running in February 2013. A third series was ordered by Netflix, which aired in 2016. The fourth season was commissioned and wrapped filming in June 2017 and debuted in late December.
Black Mirror season 4 is currently streaming on Netflix.
- Supergirl Season 3: Sam Must Go on a Hero’s Journey to Stop Reign - June 18, 2018
- Jessica Parker Kennedy Promoted to Series Regular for The Flash Season 5 - June 18, 2018
- Read Red Sonja #7 and Check Out the Red Sonja Tarot Cards - June 18, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 7 Recap: Manifest - June 17, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 6 Recap: Suckas Need Bodyguards - June 17, 2018